Re: Oracle installation problem.

From: Janene Carey <janene_at_metz.une.edu.au>
Date: 8 Sep 93 01:41:51 GMT

From article <2678pv$c8u_at_aurora.engr.LaTech.edu$, by venky_at_engr.latech.edu (Venky M. Venkatachalam):
$
$ I am trying to install Oraclev6 in a 386 machine which has about 3MB of
$ extended memory.
$
$ I am using sqlpme -m0 option.
$
$ When I installed Oracle v6 in a 386 machine, which has windows
$ oracle did not load properly and was just hanging. Then I removed
$ the EMM386 from the config.sys. Now the Oracle is loading and everything
$ is fine till I call sqlforms, when I call sqlforms it runs out of extended
$ memory. To the best of my knowledge it must not take more that 1MB of
$ extended memory and I have as much as 3 MB.
$
$ It gives me an error message as follows:
$
$ execp: out of extended memory
$
$ Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.
$
Buy 5 Meg more memory! You don't have enough. Received on Wed Sep 08 1993 - 03:41:51 CEST

Original text of this message