Segmentation fault while connecting to Oracle.

From: Sridhar Sundararaman <sundara_at_midway.ecn.uoknor.edu>
Date: 3 Sep 1993 18:10:25 GMT

hai

I have a Pro*C program that handles our small library. Everytime this program is run, it first connects to Oracle with the command

        "EXEC SQL CONNECT :userid IDENTIFIED BY :password"

But a weird problem occurs even before the program reaches this stage. It is giving a "Segmentation fault" even before trying to connect. Infact the CONNECT is the first EXEC SQL command in the program only after the EXEC SQL DECLARE and EXEC SQL INCLUDE statements.

Oracle has been installed on the DEC3000/200 on Ultrix. About 20 of us use this program, but not more than 3 or 4 at a time.

What is weird about this problem is that it does not happen to all the users, and even among the users who get it, it happens only once in a while. Could the shell in which the user is, cause any problems??

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Sridhar

* Sridhar Sundararaman * * "To err is human, but to really screw things up, takes a computer" *