Re: SQLNet error # ORA06108

From: <Gunnar.Sylthe_at_nsd.uib.no>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 93 08:05:50 GMT

In article <1993Sep1.113045.370_at_inet.d48.lilly.com> hari writes:
>Hi Folks,
>I am trying to validate SQLNet over Microsoft's TCP/IP
>stack and running into problems getting it to work
>consistently. I have tried using WinSock as well as the
>specific Microsoft 1.0 TCP stack spec but neither one
>works. I get an ORA06108 error. What am I doing wrong?
>Thanks in advance for your response
>Hari

We've got SQL*Net working with Microsoft's TCP/IP 1.0 for LanManager, as well as their TCP/IP for Windows for Workgroups. However, NOT via Microsoft's winsock (yet...)

Did you check that orasrv is set up with the correct port in your services file? And that TCP_SERVICES_FILE in oracle.ini is pointing to this file?

--Gunnar Received on Thu Sep 02 1993 - 10:05:50 CEST

Original text of this message