Re: Reverse engineering: ERwin\ERX

From: Mark Citron <mcitron_at_hsc.usc.edu>
Date: 1 Sep 1993 13:59:37 -0700

In article <mdayton.26_at_stpaul.ncr.com> mdayton_at_stpaul.ncr.com (Mike Dayton) writes:
>Can anyone recomend a reverse engineering tool that
>will produce a graphical representation of a data
>schema from either SQL Scripts or an existing
>Oracle 6 database?
>I understand that Logic Work's ERwin\ERX product
>has this capability.
>email: Mike.Dayton_at_StPaul.NCR.COM | St. Paul, MN. 55113

We use this tool and it does a nice job. It really wants to use sql

scripts but you can hack an export file and make it use that.

By the way, we also have Oracle's CASE and have not gotten nearly that far. It seems particularly difficult to use it with exisiting databases. I have not found a way to even get an entity relationship diagram from it based on an exisiting db.

--
Mark Citron
mark_at_neurosci.usc.edu