DBA FAQ 0

From: Scott Tiger <kml_at_cellar.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1993 12:27:08 GMT

Here's a repost of the 5 DBA FAQs to date. Note:

  1. The "Become user" FAQ can be modified to use the "prompt" command instead of the "select from dual" command, thus reducing the number of database hits. However, there's a slight problem with this, since in Unix, the "$" of an OPS$ username causes problems. I haven't completed the workaround yet.
  2. The first FAQ, on backups, was rewritten and appeared in the Summer 93 issue of Oracle magazine, who now owns the copyright.
  3. I cannot mail these out to everyone, partly because my node does not recognize all the return mail paths.
  4. The second, third, and fourth FAQs reference material from previous published articles, again copyrighted by Oracle magazine. If you want to reprint them, I suggest that you reprint the article-format versions that appeared in that magazine. Contact them for copyright information.
  5. This material may be freely distributed by Tony Jambu and the Oracle group list server. It may not be published by the Midwest Oracle Users Group (aka TUSC).

-kml.

::::::::::     ::    ::        :::::Alself me to myduce introlow
 Scott/::: ::::::< ::::: . :::::::::kml_at_cellar.org
 Tiger::::::::::    :: ::: ::::::::Damn the electric fence!