<None>

From: From the terminal emulator of Andrew Dowswell <dowswea_at_aa.wl.com>
Date: 1 Sep 93 08:46:55 -0500

In article <1993Aug31.232052.28369_at_cmutual.com.au>, aaj_at_cmutual.com.au (Tony Jambu) writes:

> Michael wrote:
>

>>>Hi folks!  Anyone going to the IOUG meeting in Orlando
>>>at the end of September ?   Just curious .
>>
>>Yup, I am.  Are there enough of us to have an 'Internet Gathering'?
>>(Another group I'm active in on the net did this lately, it was a lot of fun
>>putting FACES on all those names!)

> I think that is a good idea and would like to put forward the following
> suggestion as well. Would it not be advantages both to the attendees and
> Oracle marketing to have their Oracle*Mail have access to Internet? By
> having access to Internet, users can also post directly to Compuserve.
>
> //Other deleted stuff to justify his suggestion//
>
> What do you (all those attending) think about this idea? I hope that those
> that have the authority to do some thing about it, pick up this suggestion
> if there are enough interest shown on the Internet.
>

> regards
> tony

This sounds like a great idea to me, gives the Oracle folks a chance to show off for the conference and keeps us in contact with the normal day-to-day problems back at home. (Hmmm, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all ;> )

Count me in,

Andy

--
 | Andrew Dowswell     | "...They bring me numbness in their bright needles, |