Re: HELP! connect ORACLE7 with TCP/IP by SQL*Plus

From: Philip Jennings <P.Jennings_at_frcl.bull.fr>
Date: 31 Aug 93 13:50:39 GMT

First, there is a utility for printing the text corresponding to ORACLE error messages : to get the text for error message 6401, I typed the following and got the following result:

$ oerr ora 6401
06401, 00000, "NETCMN: invalid driver designator"
// *Cause: The login (connect) string contains an invalid driver designator.
// *Action: Correct the string and re-submit.

Second, as regards the error itself, assuming that orasrv is running (the process started by 'tcpctl start'), the only problem I can see is that there shouldn't be a space between the password and the '_at_' character, i.e. you should type 'sqlplus user/password_at_T:netid:test'

Good luck.

--
Philip JENNINGS		<P.Jennings_at_frcl.bull.fr>