HELP !?

From: Lawrence Kim <lk1j+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1993 19:01:20 -0400

I have two questions,

I am using Oracle 7.0.12 on an IBM RS/6000 Model 980. Using the direct path of the SQL*Loader, my benchmark indicates an average of 3.44 seconds to load 1 MB. Can you confirm this? What can be done on direct path loads in terms of tuning?

[Disabling Redo Logging on direct Path Loads] The utilities manual indicates that by disabling archiving redo log information will not be generated during direct path loads. I have foun this not to be true. Alert file indcates the logging despite disabling archiving. Is there a control file paremeter to disable redo logging?

Any answers will be warmly welcomed (even insults:) Received on Tue Aug 31 1993 - 01:01:20 CEST

Original text of this message