Re: Problems with SQL Forms via net

From: Daniel B. Bikle <dbikle_at_cco.caltech.edu>
Date: 26 Aug 1993 05:12:42 GMT

In comp.databases.oracle you write:

>I'm looking for a full list of ORACLE environments variables.
# v6env.sh

# sets up env for a Bourne shell

ORACLE_HOME=/q/o6
ORACLE_SID=x6
TK2DEV=xsun
MENU5PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/forms30/admin/resource SDD_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME/dict50/admin
SQLTR_STATUS=SQLTRF30 # required by sql*text retreival

export ORACLE_HOME
export ORACLE_SID
export TK2DEV
export MENU5PATH
export SDD_HOME
export SQLTR_STATUS

PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:${PATH}
export PATH

>If I try to call the forms via net from another machine,
>the ORACLE system doesn't find them. The same problem happens
>when I try to call menues.

The forms executable needs to be supplied by a file serving software mechanism like NFS which you get from Sun, not Oracle. Once The executable is supplied, make sure $PATH contains the NFS supplied directory.

>How do I have to start the programs via net? Are there any
>options and/or ORACLE environments variables to set?

Yes,

ex: TWO_TASK=T:host:sid; export TWO_TASK # Bourne shell or: setenv TWO_TASK T:host:sid # cshell

-Dan

Daniel B. Bikle
Independent Oracle Consultant
dbikle_at_alumni.caltech.edu