Re: Pro*C structures!!??!!

From: Seth Grimes <grimes_at_access.digex.net>
Date: 25 Aug 1993 03:06:39 -0400

sjanney_at_.mrms.navy.mil (Sam Janney) writes:

> We are in the process of porting an application from
> Informix to Oracle. WE used structures heavily for
> the Informix tables as they were in a state of flux
> during development ( whole 'nother issue).

> Seems under Oracle structures cannot be declared as host
> variables!! Has anyone out there got a work around, solution
> (other than dump oracle)?? Or are we the oddballs?

I'm evaluating Oracle and encountered a similar problem: Oracle does not allow host variables to have more than one dimension (except for C strings, which can be one-d arrays of strings, or two-d arrays of char).

I suppose the workaround is to use intermediate host variables and read/ write them internally into your structures.

I did hear something about a later version of Pro*C removing these limitations. Anyone have facts?

                                Seth Received on Wed Aug 25 1993 - 09:06:39 CEST

Original text of this message