Re: Oracle and week of Year

From: Harkki Jukka <jht_at_cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 18:47:46 GMT

In article <1993Aug25.160209.14045_at_sni.co.uk> kfe_at_sni.co.uk (Keith Everitt) writes:

>According to the DBA v6 guide (appendix F), the mechanism for deciding whether
>week 1 is the week in which the 1st January falls, or follows the ISO method
>(which I think is the one you want), is controlled by the territory argument
>of the LANGUAGE parameter in the init.ora file.
>

>This parameter also controls whether the first day of the week is a Monday
>or a Sunday.
>
>According to the Installation & Users guide for our system, both 'norway'
>and 'sweden' are valid entries. Since you are all geographically fairly close,
>I would imagine that either of these might do the trick. You will probably
>find that is still set to 'america', which you definately don't want!
>
>Keith

   Thanks Keith! The problem was not actually mine, but I'm glad it's    solved now. I would say RTFM to myself allthough I did read the    SQL language manual and also the DBA manual - not well enough.    I even had the parameter 'language = finnish_finland.we8dec' in    my init.ora, but I had commented it out because I did'nt like    Finnish messages.

--
//
//  Jukka Harkki   Net: jht_at_cs.tut.fi      Addr: Joinex Oy