Help SQL Query

From: <raz_at_garfield.freac.fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1993 13:20:38 GMT

        Here's a simplified version of my problem. I have a table with three columns. It looks like this:

	SS		(Social Security #)
	BEGINNING_DATE	(Date appointment begins)
	END_DATE	(Date appointment ends)

Basically this table keeps track of employees' appointment records. I need to calculate the number of days that the appointment last. I know it is possible find that by subtracting the dates such as this:

        END_DATE - BEGINING_DATE But, I'm interested in the number of working days, not including the weekends. The above subtraction will also count Saturday and Sunday which need not be included in the calculation.

        I would prefer to do this in SQL but PL/SQL is fine also. As a last resort, Pro*C is fine also.

        We're using Oracle 6 on a SCO Unix v 3.2.2 box. Received on Tue Aug 24 1993 - 15:20:38 CEST

Original text of this message