Utility to extract from .inp

From: Alan MCCulloch <amccullo_at_ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1993 00:49:37 GMT

I need to extract all the database field names from .inp files in order to construct an SQL script to dump the forms' fields.

I am planning to write a small programme to do this. It will also get page, row and column numbers and some other stuff, so that e.g. the dump will be in the same order as the cursor moves in the form.

Before I start,...does anybody know of an existing utility that I could use ?

Programme will be in C, running under Unix (Sun).

(We don't store all of our many forms in the database - hence my need to use the .inp files. I know this task is easy using dynamic SQL if your forms are stored in the database)

If I write it myself, will make it available to anybody interested. Received on Tue Aug 24 1993 - 02:49:37 CEST

Original text of this message