App Dev Tools Summary

From: John McDowell <jm6t+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1993 16:20:34 -0400

Dear Readers,

A while back I requested some information regarding application development tools that are at least hardware independent, and have the potential to be RDMS and network independent. I promised that if I got enough responses that I would summarize and post to the net. Well I did! The responses have stoped trickling in so I thought this would be a good time to post the summary. To save band width I have posted the summary only on netnews.comp.databases bboard.

We have have not had a chance to examine most of these tools so I cannot post any results of our investigations. Thanks very much to all those who responded.

  • JOHN MCDOWELL * Senior Software Engineer *
  • jm6t_at_andrew.cmu.edu * Administrative Computing *
  • (412) 268-3313 * Carnegie Mellon University *