Re: Why Doesn't "BREAK ON..." Work in SQL*Plus?

From: Ray Chance <rchance_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1993 19:03:52 GMT

Mark Fetherolf (markf_at_novalink.com) wrote:

: When you start a .sql file from within SQLPLUS, the SQL*PLUS commands
: are ignored. To run your file type sqlplus uid/pw _at_filename at the
: command line. Don't ask me why.
: Perhaps you can help me. I'm interested in contacting database

'start' does a get and run, and so should be executing every command stored in the .SQL. 'Run', however, only executes the SQL (not SQL*PLUS) commands, i.e., what's stored in the SQL buffer (do a 'l' to see the SQL - that's what executed with 'run')

: administrators who are interested in ORACLE database performance
: monitoring. Is there someone in your organization that I can get in
: touch with? Thanks.
: MarkF