Problems with DISCARDMAX in SQL*Loader V. 1.1.7.0.1

From: Geir Engebakken <geir_at_fdmetd.uucp>
Date: 20 Aug 93 10:03:16 GMT

We have experienced that SQL*Loader v.1.1.7.0.1 does not load rows into tables if the discardmax parameter is used on the command line. The return code from SQL*Loader is 0 which indicates that everything has gone ok (Usual error return from Orcale utilities though :) ). But the log file says that 0 rows are loaded, and that maximum error count has been exceeded. If we remove discardmax=0 from the commandline it works ok and every row is loaded into the database.

We would like to specify discardmax=0 (according to the documentation all is default), to insure that every row in the data-file has been loaded into the database. Has anyone gat a workaround for this problem???

Thanks, Geir

                                Geir Engebakken
 _                              Fellesdata A.S
/__ o * }~                      P.O. Box 248
\_/_/\|_|                       0212 OSLO 2
                                NORWAY
Phone : +47 22 52 80 44          Fax   : +47 22 52 85 10
E-mail : ...!mcsun!nuug!fdmetd!geir  or           geir_at_fdmetd.uucp
<The opinions expressed, if any, do not represent Fellesdata a.s> Received on Fri Aug 20 1993 - 12:03:16 CEST

Original text of this message