Q: Two version of Oracle Binaries

From: Neil Greene <neil_at_kynug.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1993 15:16:33 GMT

For some reason, my original Oracle distribution (v 6.x.x. running on a NeXTCube) would not recompile to link in SQL*Net/TCP option. I have now acquired these necessary binaries.

I noticed when attempting this in the past, the SQL*Net distribution updates tables in the database. This was completed prior to the non-creation of the final ~oracle/bin/oracle binary.

Can I just copy and move these binaries over to my old Oracle distribution, in essence activating the SQL*Net/TCP support. Fire up orasrv and walla?

Does SQL*Net require the transaction processing language support? Are there any complications that may appear in my database by moving these binaries around?

I have some testing to do, now if I could just kick all of the users off. :-)

--
Neil Greene
President, benchMark Developments, Inc. [NeXT VAR]