Re: PL/SQL - does it do all sql statements???????

From: Michael Mitchell <mmitchel_at_yew.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 93 15:24:17 GMT

In article <745789841snz_at_otbbb.demon.co.uk>, marc_at_otbbb.demon.co.uk (Marc Bowden) writes:
|> >bugs in V1, the most serious of which is lack of support for START WITH
|> >.... CONNECT BY. The bug appears to be fixed in V2. What is DCL? My SQL
|> >manual only talks about DML and DDL.
|>
|> It is mentioned in a manual somewhere ... dcl is things like GRANTs as
|> far as i remember, can't remember what the acronym is though .... damned
|> creation language? :-)
|>
|> --
|> A Bientot
|> Marc

NOT!
According to Oracle7 Server SQL Language Reference Language GRANTs, REVOKE's and the like fall under the category of DDL (Data Definition Language). The only place I've ever seen DCL is on a VAX and it stands for DIGITAL Command Language.

Mike Mitchell
Bull Worldwide Information Systems
Phoenix, AZ Received on Fri Aug 20 1993 - 17:24:17 CEST

Original text of this message