Re: oraperl v1 p3 on os/2 2.0

From: Rony G. Flatscher <rony_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: 18 Aug 1993 11:53:39 GMT

In <CBx85o.20M_at_world.std.com> fw_at_world.std.com (forrest d whitcher) writes:
>I have _finaly_ succeeded in building oraperl (v1 patch 3) for os/2 (2.x).
>All seems to be working fine. Because of the difference in unix and os/2
>programming environments and my own inexperience with patch I can't
>provide a proper source tree (assistance / advice welcome here) but am glad
>to distribute the executables in working (sic) form. (Oracle corp has
>ok'd distribution of the executable, You will need also os/2 oracle DLL's)
>
>Many Thanks to Kevin Stock (oraperl author), for initial feedback and Kai
>Uwe Rommel (perl os/2 author) for his assistance in making it actually go.
>
>Forrest Whitcher fw_at_world.std.com

Great news !

What about plans to supply a REXX-interface for ORACLE under OS/2 2.x ? REXX is native to OS/2 whereas perl is a port from Unix for the ones in the know.

Are there any plans to port the VM (MVS?) ORACLE-REXX to OS/2 in a timely manner ?

If so, one could use in addition the Visual REXX development environments for interfacing with ORACLE.

---rony Received on Wed Aug 18 1993 - 13:53:39 CEST

Original text of this message