Printing from Oracle Card

From: Tom Royer <troyer_at_mitre.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1993 18:03:50 GMT

We have an Oracle Card application that contains 20 to 30 cards of different layout all with card fields.

On several cards there are scrolling fields that contain information that should be available to our users in hardcopy.

Because the fields are scrolling and the users want to print the entire contents of the fields, the Print Card option is of no help. The only other option is Print which brings about a dialogue with the report generating function. We'd prefere not to have the user get involved with that. What we want is for the user to click our Print button and have everything else happen automatically. But we can't figure out how to do that. Are we missing something obvious? Are we missing something devious?

--
Tom Royer
"If you're not free to fail, you're not free."