Re: MS Access and Oracle: no tables shown from Oracle?

From: PAUL CLAPPISON <pc007_at_un.seqeb.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1993 03:24:23 GMT

Jamie H. Clark (jamie_at_clark.net) wrote:
: I have MS Access 1.1, Oracle 6 on Novell 3.1 server and SQL*Net SPX
: driver 1.1.1.0.

: I setup ODBC info, i.e. data source name, description and SQL*Net
: Connect String which is "X:ORASRV".

: Then I run MS Access, open database then choose "Import" then choose
: <SQL Database>. Then choose the data source, then enter the user name
: and password. After login to Oracle, Oracle did not return the list of
: tables. I have PowerBuilder and I use same user name and password and
: I do get list of tables.

: What am I doing wrong with Access?

: Thanks in advance.
: --
: Jamie Clark, jamie_at_clark.net| ClarkNet Public Access Internet, info_at_clark.net,
: Dial-up shell, SLIP/PPP & UUCP, Modem (410) 730-9786, login guest | "Knowledge
: is power; the ability to acquire knowledge at will is more powerful." (Jamie)