RDBMs / looking for low-cost option..

From: Peter Storey <p_storey_at_Postoffice.utas.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1993 13:12:08 GMT

I am looking at cost effective alternatives to mainstream RDBMSs. I need the
reliability & the performance of the major players at low cost. Platform independence is requirement. I need to use Macs as front ends & want to start using a Mac (Q950 32/1200) as server. Large files & many tables, 10 users. I am in doubt about Butler because of hear-say, looking at P.INK at the moment.
Has anyone had any experience? I'd like to hear from the Germans as well (Ihr
koennt auch in Deutsch linken). I had already one response saying the company is a basket case. Any more insiders out there? Received on Wed Aug 11 1993 - 15:12:08 CEST

Original text of this message