Re: Oracle TPC-A Benchmarks

From: Graeme Sargent <graeme_at_pyra.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1993 10:59:44 GMT

In <248859$9jr_at_infochi.com> rfinkel_at_infochi.com (Richard Finkelstein) writes:

[ stuff deleted ]

>In my own experiences, and based upon interviews with hundreds of Oracle
>users and users who have benchmarked Oracle, Oracle7 would be hard pressed
>to achieved 1/100th of these stated figures (10,000 concurrent users,
>1,000 TPS) on two low-end Unix computers running in a production

But 10tpsA wouldn't make any kind of sense in a production environment, Rich! Any more than 1000tpsA would!

Now who's trying to be misleading???

Given your stance on this issue, it is appalling behaviour to try and redefine Oracle's claims in this way.

>environment. It is too bad that Oracle finds itself in the position again
>that it has to start running these types of ads again.

graeme

--
Disclaimer:	The author's opinions are his own, and not necessarily
		those of Pyramid Technology Ltd. or Pyramid Technology Inc.