ORACLE and ACMS (client/server)

From: Peter de Roo <roo_at_ptt-iat.uucp>
Date: 10 Aug 1993 16:34:22 +0200

Hello,

We are working on a VAX/VMS platform with an ACMS application. We are planning to use this application on a client machine to connect to an ORACLE database on a server machine.
I would like some answers on the following questions :

  1. Is there anyone who has some experience in this area ?
  2. How can this be done ?
  3. What communication protocol should we use to get the best performance ?
  4. What do we need to do on the server (ORACLE) machine ?
  5. Is SQL*Net neccesary ?
  6. Do we need RdBAccess ?
  7. Can we use TCP/IP or VMS mailboxes ?

Thanks in advance