Re: Creating Help System in SQLFORMS application

From: <fgreene_at_hayes.com>
Date: 9 Aug 93 08:59:24 EDT

In article <1993Aug5.104503.20424_at_icf.hrb.com>, tss_at_icf.hrb.com (Timothy S. Shaw) writes:
> I'm generating an application using SQL*FORMS 3.0, SQL*MENU 5.0
> under Motif. In Oracle's 'Advanced SQL*FORMS Techniques' manual
> is the description of one technique to create a help system within an
> application with hypertext behavior using popup pages.

I have developed a context sensitive help system for use on FORMS3 applications. It allows the user to press the HELP key and retrieve help text specific to the current field. Press the key again and get help on the current block and a third time for help on the form. All help appears in a pop up window.

The application has a 'training' mode that allows specified user(s) to update the help message directly from the application form and a 'run' mode that only allows the message to be retrieved.

If this is abut what you want, let me know and I will send you details.

Zex Received on Mon Aug 09 1993 - 14:59:24 CEST

Original text of this message