sqlloader

From: venkat.jayaram <venkat_at_cbnewsf.cb.att.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1993 20:19:16 GMT

Hi folks:

I have asked this before but I was not sure I explained my question correctly.

Ok. This is what I am confused about.

How does one do multiple table inserts with free format data without a previous knowledge of the number of data items. for example.

Table 1
colname collength type

name     40      char
type     10      char

table 2
colname collength type

name 40 char
item_name 10 char

I want to use sqlloader to insert rows of these kind:

venkat, person, item1, item2, ....(but i don't know how many of these items there could be on a line)
I looked up documentation but I could not find any examples of this kind. Any help would be most appreciated.

Venkat
venkat_at_cblph.att.com Received on Fri Aug 06 1993 - 22:19:16 CEST

Original text of this message