OCI V1.3 Client w/ Oracle7

From: Curt Soderberg <csoderbe_at_garond.cray.com>
Date: 5 Aug 93 11:22:35 CDT

We are migrating to Oracle7 and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with running OCI Version 1.3 applications on a Sun client with Oracle7 as the server. We have been told that they will run in this configuration without any changes to the client application but read in the OCI V6 manual that several older calls are not supported in Oracle7. This will be running over SQL*Net V1.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Curt

Curt Soderberg            Cray Research, Inc.
Oracle DBA                655E Lone Oak Drive
csoderbe_at_cray.com         Eagan, MN 55121