asynchronous (non-blocking) sql

From: Henri Schueler <jhs_at_ipsa.reuter.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1993 22:02:34 GMT

I am working on a operating system that is non-preemptive. (MAC sys 7.) I am in a situation where I am using sqlnet to access a remote host, and would like to be able to issue sql requests, and then return control to the OS, rather than just have sql wait around.

Has anyone run into the same problem?
Has anyone solve it, or else decided it was unsolvable.

I have looked at the C code generatd by the PRO C compiler, and given the number of functions being called (about 10-20), am hoping that one of those is a 'wait until done' call, which I can replace by a 'are you done yet' call. But I have no documentation on the Oracle C functions (the functions have names like sqlosq, sqlexe, sqlcls).
Does anyone have any documentation on those functions?

/jhs

--
J. Henri Schueler, H&h Software, Toronto	+1 416 698 9075