Re: Nextval Question

From: Dave Mausner <dlm_at_dlogics.dlogics.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1993 11:39:15

> Do I have to create a special "one row" table and use that as the
> basis for the select? Are there other ways to access the pseudo-
> columns?
Yes, you need a one-row table. No, you do not have to create it yourself: the table DUAL already exists. In version 6 & 7 it can be referenced as SELECT name.NEXTVAL FROM SYS.DUAL.

--
Dave Mausner / Sr Consultant / Datalogics division of Frame Technology Inc
441 W Huron / Chicago IL 60610 / +1-312-266-4450 / "Just show me the code"