reserved identifiers in Pro*C

From: <Alan>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1993 10:47:18 GMT

Having just wasted several days trying to get a simple Pro*C program to run without barfing - and finding the problem was due to a name clash between our identifiers and Oracles - does anyone have a definitive list of names to avoid?

One of our name clashes was listed in the Appendix of reserved words (connect) the other (uname) wasn't! Since the only warning we got of the problem was when the executable crashed with 'Segmentation fault' or 'Invalid instruction' it took a bit of tracking down.

Please mail answers as well as posting to board.

--
	Alan Deacon
	Central Computing Service		Email: a.deacon_at_ucl.ac.uk