Re: Oracle threatens to sue Standish over an article

From: Amitabh Shah <shah_at_santur.nuo.dec.com>
Date: 28 Jul 93 10:15:17

gil_at_iao.ford.com (Rich Gilbert) writes:

> One question: Are the TCP-* benchmarks available on the net? I mean
> the functional descriptions, not the vendor results. It was probably
> earlier in this chain, but my admin only saves transactions for so
> long......
> Could they be posted in this group? Is this a FAQ?

comp.benchmarks contains a brief decription of the benchmarks (which is posted periodically as per the "pyramid" posting scheme there) and a pointer to an ftp site (dg-rtp.dg.com?) that contains the complete specifications (I think in MS-WORD format); the specs are too large to be posted here.

Alternately contact the TPC to get a copy of the specs for some nominal fee.

-amitabh.

--
Standard Disclaimer:      The opinions are my own, and not of my employer's.
Amitabh Shah, Digital Equipment Corp., 55 Northeastern Blvd. Nashua NH 03062