SQL Windows and Oracle RDBMS

From: Harkki Jukka <jht_at_cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1993 08:05:57 GMT

   What's the broblem with SQL Windows and Oracle RDBMS?

   Has anyone run to a similar problem or does anyone have a working    configuration like mine. My problem is SQLRUN, which tends to    collapse occasionally. While running an application compiled to    EXE I get following error messages:

> Application Error
>
> SQLRUN caused General Protection Fault in
> module SQLORAW.DLL at 000F:025A
>
> <Close>

> SQLRUN
>
> An Error has occured...
>
> <Close> <Ignore>

> Application Error
>
> SQLRUN caused General Protection Fault in
> module SQLAPIW.DLL at 0002:1783
>
> <Close>

   So there are three kinds of error messages. Error situation occurs    when I start several .EXE applications connecting to Oracle RDBMS.    If I develope a single application with SQL Windows, connecting to    Oracle RDBMS and off, there are no problems. But when I start one    .EXE application from another application - I get the error. It    seems to me that the SQLRUN is the problem somehow.

   Program versions are:

      PC-NFS 4.0a
      SQL*Net 1.1.7.5
      SQL Windows 3.1.2 (Single User App Dev System)
      Oracle Router 2.0.1

   I would really preciate any hints to solve this problem because I have    tried to solve this problem for a while now and nothing seems to even    change the error situation.

   Jukka

--
//
//  Jukka Harkki   Net: jht_at_cs.tut.fi      Addr: Joinex Oy