Oracle Products? Card Outrage

From: Jean-Marc Debaud <debaud_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1993 19:29:05 GMT

>Oracle Card-Developer - this is a windows based software development
> package. It is difficult to learn.

No it is not. In fact it is very easy to use and simple application development is almost direct (a few hours).

In comparison with Forms 3 it is a breeze. We looked at forms 3 and then Card, the dicision was immediate. Forget forms with all these topological levels in transaction processing and all these commands that are so unintuitive.

Benchmarks: (Our experience)

	A simple query/delete application on forms 3
		40 hours of work
	The same in Card, 6 hours and I am generous.

Do not let people who do not have graphic based experience scare you by telling you that developing with the Mac or Windows is hard. Oracle provides a nice enough abstraction that you do not need to worry about that. (Nothing personal of course)

As for the language Card uses ? It is an flavor of HYPRECARD a well known language in the MAC community that has widespread reputation to be easy to use.

Well, it is a bit different from COBOL so some people may have difficulties... You will note that there was no signature from the person who posted that message.

	JM
	debaud_at_cc.gatech.edu