Back_up

From: Ramesh Pathak <ramesh_at_miel_013.miel.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1993 12:33:26 GMT

	I am new to this group, tender my apologies if this question has
	been posted earlier!

	We are thinking of using oracle for some appl. and the architecture
	is being visualized as...

 MAIN	 |		| BACKUP  |

| |
| |
| |
____________________________________________ We want to have the same db on both m/cs. The Backup comes up only when the Main is down. Any mod on the in Main should be automatically reflected in Backup. Is there any facility in Oracle to provide and and what is the configuration reqd. ( i heard someone tell me Co-Operative architecture!) 2. How many users can Oracles support on one RDBMS application? Is there any upper bound(limit) Thanks in advance for any suggestions/answers. Please post answers on the net, as it may be difficult reaching me directly. Ramesh Phatak