How skip 2 pages, or print specific text, on BREAK?

From: David Cox <dcox_at_relay.nswc.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1993 14:58:53 GMT

Using SQL*Plus: Version 3.0.6.5.1, how can I get my BREAK to skip two pages? You can skip n lines but only one page. I tried to add an extra clause to the BREAK command to skip page on the same field, which didn't work. Any ideas?

The reason I need to do this is my report will be printed on both sides of the page, and I need to make sure that when the department (the database field that I am breaking on) changes, the report begins on a new page. Of course, this means that the first page of a department's report may be printed on only one side, with the rest of that department's report two-sided, but that was an acceptable solution, preferable to having the whole thing one-sided. The optimum solution would be to have the SQLPLUS script know if it should skip 1 or 2 pages depending on how many pages (even or odd) have been printed for the current department, which I don't believe it is possible to do, or, to have the SQLPLUS script output special text (to tell the printer to skip to new page) when the department changes, which it seems to me might be possible in SQLPLUS, but I can't figure out that either. Thanks for
any ideas that anyone might provide. Received on Thu Jul 22 1993 - 16:58:53 CEST

Original text of this message