Re: proc vs float

From: Michael P. Stein <mstein_at_access.digex.net>
Date: 22 Jul 1993 10:48:43 -0400

I ran into the problem with binding floats on the Sun (I was using OCI) and couldn't figure out what was causing it, but I did come up with a kludgy workaround: convert the float to a string using sprintf() and bind the string. Oracle's kernel will automatically perform the type conversion without having to change the SQL statement to use TO_NUMBER().

--
Mike Stein			The above represents the Absolute Truth.
POB 10420			Therefore it cannot possibly be the official