proc vs float

From: Rob E. Allan <Rob.E.Allan_at_hydro.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1993 19:52:10 GMT

I am having problems gettin ProC to accept a float in an update statement. The relevant snippets are:

EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
float tflo; /* dummy float */
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION; main()
{

    tflo=10.0;

    EXEC SQL UPDATE JUNK SET F_VALUE = :tflo

        WHERE ID = 'AA3';
}

F_VALUE is set as: NUMBER(6,1).

I seem to have no problems reading an F_VALUE into :tflo. But whenever I try to put tflo into F_VALUE, I get a segmentation fault. Using a debugger, I have followed the program to :

        sqlcex(&sqlctx, &sqlstm, &sqlfpn);

And up to this point, tflo seems to be ok. (i.e. it is still 10.0).

Further complicating this is that if I declare tflo to be an int, the program works fine. In fact, anything I have previously done with VARCHARs and ints has worked great.

If anyone could enlighten me regarding this, I would be very grateful. Oh yes, I'm running Oracle 6.036 under SunOS 4.1.1. Email response is best, thanks,

rob allan email:rob.e.allan_at_hydro.on.ca Received on Wed Jul 21 1993 - 21:52:10 CEST

Original text of this message