Re: CASE*Dictionary Problems - Help!

From: Simon Stow <sstow_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 21 Jul 93 08:42:55 GMT

Re: CASE*Dictionary location(9307)

The select statement that is failing is the one that is checking that the current user is in one of the two SQL*Menu groups: CMAN and CDICT. To be exact the statement is:

              SELECT 'CD'||group_name
              FROM   menu_v_user
              WHERE  group_name in ( 'CMAN', 'CDICT')
              AND user_name = user
              ORDER BY group_name DESC;

I don't know why you are getting a 1406, but I suspect the problem may be traced back to your installation problems with SQL*Menu. Check your installation of the dictionary's menu applications.

Re: CASE*Dictionary location(9500)

This is the statement which is failing:

        EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid IDENTIFIED BY :pwd;

The problem is that the Oracle error is not being correctly displayed. But at least you now know what is failing.

Regards

	Simon Stow
	Product Manager
	CASE Worldwide Marketing
	Oracle UK, Chertsey

In article <1993Jul15.204716.9680_at_asl.dl.nec.com>, cdickson_at_tssc.wlg.nec.co.jp (Chris Dickson) writes:
|> Greatings..
|>
|> I'm having some great problems with CASE*Dictionary
|>
|> The Configuration is as follows:
|>
|> 1. SparcStation 10
|> 2. SunOs 4.1.3
|> 3. ORACLE7 Server Release 7.0.12.1.0 - Production
|>
|> The following happens when I start the CASE*Dictionary:
|>
|> $ casedict support
|>
|> CASE*Dictionary (TM): Release 5.0.22.6.0 - Production on Fri Jul 16
 08:33:40 1993

|> Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1992. All rights reserved.
|>
|> Password :
|>
|> ORA-01406: fetched column value was truncated
|>

|> CASE*Dictionary location(9307)
|>
|> The installation was successful, well almost - SQL*Menu dosn't all
 get installed, but
|> that I fixed.
|>
|> I've also had no success with ORACLE Support, as yet.
|>
|> If you have any Idea why this is happening (I understand the error
 message, but can't find the table), please EMail.