Re: distributed concurrency in oracle 7.0

From: Richard Sullivan <rsulliva_at_.oracle.com>
Date: 20 Jul 93 03:15:09 GMT

In article <22fh30$f4k_at_tamsun.tamu.edu> sameers_at_cs.tamu.edu (Sameer Soni) writes:
>Hi!
>Can someone tell me how oracle scheduler maintains the concurrency? The only
>thing I could get from the product info was that it uses multiversion data
 stuff deleted....
>of serializability, the behavior of Oracle is quite similar to that of other
>commercial DBMS products. So, does that mean that most of the commercial DBMS
>products sacrifice serializability? Could somebody give me some examples?
>Thanks a lot.
>sameer
I may get flames for this, but I've never understood why serializable(which IS supported as an INIT.ORA parameter) is used, so if your site requires/uses this feature, could you enlighten me? Also, does using SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY satisfy these requirements???
Thanks for any replies...
rsulliva_at_us.oracle.com
My opinions are my own, and so on...
Rick Sullivan Oracle Federal Consulting Office: 312-704-4635 Received on Tue Jul 20 1993 - 05:15:09 CEST

Original text of this message