How can I call a form in another directory (SQL*Forms 2.3)

From: David N McCann <cs91dnm_at_brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1993 14:53:00 GMT

Hi,

        Quick, simple question (probably with a yucky,messy answer)

How can I call a form (using CALL/CALLQRY/NEWFRM) that's in a different directory to the current one. On the RUNFORM command line I can use

RUNFORM /dirname/formname

but trying

CALL /home/nextform

results in an

IAXMAC: Missing argument for function code.

error. Help ! The reason I want to do this is so that users can runn the application from their home directory, never even setting foot in the directory where the application lives. (In fact they need not even know of its existance)

Boring but useful info:
ORACLE RDBMS version 6.0.33
SQL*Forms version 2.3.31
Op Sys SunOS 4.1 (that's a UNIX clone)

Any other info can probably supplied on request.

        Many thanks,

                        David McCann

Note: E-mail replies prefered, but all responses will be greatly appreciated Received on Fri Jul 16 1993 - 16:53:00 CEST

Original text of this message