Re: Access Control at record level

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1993 08:08:11 CDT

In article 23401_at_trantor.dso.gov.sg, kkimchio_at_trantor.dso.gov.sg (Kwa Kim Chiong) writes:

>2 quick questions:
>1. Can INSERT be done through view?
>2. Does Oracle 7 have access control at record level?

  1. No. Only if the view is on a single base table and has the mandatory fields included.(But then why have a view)
  2. Don't know
---

*  David Crowson        *  "It's a small world but a damn big planet!"      *
*  DBA (Oracle V4,5,6,7)* The views expressed here are of my own volition   *
*  Amoco Exploration    * and do not necessarily represent that of my       *
*  (UK) Ltd             * employers , nor are these views worth the paper   *
*  Ealing, London       * upon which they are written, nor do I make much   *
*  dcrowson_at_amoco.com   * sense to anyone including myself.                 *