Re: Oracle Financials - Period Status

From: Alisa Cooper - Sun UK - Watchmoor <alisa_at_calypso.uk.sun.com>
Date: 15 Jul 1993 15:55:41 GMT

Debby,

When you open a period in Oracle Financials, all the balances for the prior period are rolled into the to-be-opened period in the gl_balances table. In order to reset the status flags of a period, you MUST remove the corresponding records from the gl_balances table - this will apply all records for that set of books with a status of A or E. Budget balances exist for all periods. If you do not do this, and simply reset the flag in th gl_period_statuses table you will end up with duplicate records in the gl_balances table.

If any journals have been posted to these periods, you will need to change the posting status (gl_je_batches columns: status/status_verified - not sure what the latter stores and gl_je_lines: posted_date) on the journals and repost when the period is opened. Really these journals should be deleted and reentered once the period is reopened.

Future entry periods do not have any balances against them in the gl_balances table either, so for those periods you wish to reset the balances will also have to be removed.

If you decide not to do the above, you will find that posting to periods before the last open one will take a while as all the opening balances for the future periods will have to be updated.

The table which stores the period statuses is gl_period_statuses with the key column being closing_status. Make sure you limit the update here to the application_id and set_of_books_id required.

Hope this helps,

Alisa