Re: V6 Chaining

From: <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 13 Jul 93 15:27:11 +1000

>Anybody know how to assess row chaining on a table in ORACLE V6?

Yes. There is no simple way, until Oracle7.

There is a VIRTUAL table called V$SYSSTAT (or V$SESSTAT or something similar) which has a chaining entry. What you need to do is take a snapshot of the table before and after doing a full table scan on the target table and compare the chaining entry. If any has occurred then you can probably attribute it all to that table.

I haven't done it for a long time so see if you can make sense of the above. If not then contact me.

Bruce...                    pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au