Re: ORACLE in Sun 4.1.3 and a big tape

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1993 08:07:54 CDT

In article 33710_at_suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL, lev_at_ipxed5.nswses.navy.mil (Lloyd E Vancil) writes:

>Does anyone out there know the magic to
>write archive log files directly to a tape?
>
>I have an on board hd Xybyte and I cna cron the dump
>but I would rather be able to just have the tape mounted and
>let logwrtr do it.....

If you want to archive directly to tape you have to dedicate a tape drive to the ARCH process otherwise you have to do it manually. However as the database is only as fast as the slowest write to the log files is it wise to do this?

---

*  David Crowson        *  "It's a small world but a damn big planet!"        *
*  DBA (Oracle V4,5,6,7)* The views expressed here are of my own volition    *
*  Amoco Exploration    * and do not necessarily represent that of my        *
*  (UK) Ltd             * employers , nor are these views worth the paper    *
*  Ealing, London       * upon which they are written, nor do I make much    *
*  dcrowson_at_amoco.com   * sense to anyone including myself.                  *