Re: Safety Violations at Oracle HQ

From: David E. Scheim <des_at_helix.nih.gov>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1993 14:03:38 GMT

In article <1607100011_at_igc.apc.org> Worklife Education Resource Center <worklife_at_igc.apc.org> writes:

>From: Worklife Education Resource Center <worklife>
>Subject: Safety Violations at Oracle HQ

>NUMEROUS HEALTH & SAFETY VIOLATIONS CITED AT ORACLE

>On July 6th, Justice for Janitors received notification from
>CalOSHA that Service by Medallion had been investigated and found
>in violation of numerous health and safety regulations at the
>Oracle buildings. Medallion was found in violation of seven of
>the eight complaints filed, and fined. A complete copy of the
>letter is attached below.

>WHY DOES ORACLE CONTINUE TO DEFEND LAWLESSNESS?
It seems that there would be a quick way to bring this thread to an end for those who find this discussion so distateful. Given this government ruling against Medallion, why doesn't Oracle drop this contractor and choose another, non-union or union, that at least pays its employees and minimum poverty wage and complies with the law. -- David Scheim

/*                      --- David E. Scheim ---                      */
/* BITNET: none                                                      */
/* INTERNET: des_at_helix.nih.gov           PHONE: 301 496-2194         */
/* CompuServe: 73750,3305                  FAX: 301 402-1065         */
/* DISCLAIMER: These comments are offered to share knowledge based   */
/*   upon my personal views.  They do not represent the positions    */
/*   of my employer.                                                 */