Re: Forms3 Auto screen refresh?

From: <ballpe_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 12 Jul 93 08:06:30 +1000

In article <21p0ph$bsk_at_wampyr.cc.uow.edu.au>, g8900191_at_wampyr.cc.uow.edu.au (lindsay talbot) writes:

> I need to to do a screen refresh in SQL Forms 3, ORACLE vsn 6,
> without touching a key. Is this possible ?
> I am hoping someone might say yes and that it is not too
> difficult !

Well, yes and no! At some stage, a key must be touched, but the user might not have to specifically ask for the screen to be refreshed.

The packaged procedure REDISPLAY is what you seek, methinks. Here is an excerpt from an ON-ERROR trigger our group of developers shares :

      .
      .
      .
      elsif :global.error_hold = '40735' and error_text like '%ORA-01013%' then
        redisplay;
        message('<CTRL>-<C> was pressed. Current action cancelled');
        raise form_trigger_failure;
      else
        message(error_type||' - '||to_char(error_code)||': '||error_text);
        bell; pause;
      end if;

Don't worry about the global (error_hold), it's just error_code stored so we can reference it later if needs be. (Check your Oracle manuals for information about error_code). As you can see, we can detect the user pressing CTRL-C to cancel an action, and refresh the screen to clear the "CANCEL" message off. You could of course use this any way you wish. This is just one example.

Hope this is of some help.

--

    /\       Peter Ball                 (ballpe_at_hhcs.gov.au)
   /  \      Systems Development Officer