Re: Version 6 locking with INSERT stmnts

From: <hazledine_at_embl-heidelberg.de>
Date: 8 Jul 93 13:42:59 +0100

Thanks to the several people who responded to my question on this.

It turns out that the lock contention we were observing when multiple users attempt to insert rows into a table which has at least one unique index occurs *only* when they attempt to insert duplicate values. If the users are inserting rows with different values for the uniquely indexed column(s) then there's no problem.

David Hazledine                                                EMBL Data Library
Database Administrator                                                PF 10.2209
EMBL Data Library                                       6900 Heidelberg, Germany

Internet: Hazledine_at_EMBL-Heidelberg.DE