Re: Oracle*Financials

From: Kevin Barry <kmb40_at_bis.amdahl.com>
Date: 8 Jul 93 19:44:56 GMT

In article 13967_at_linus.mitre.org, dagmar_at_indian.mitre.org (Dagmar A. Bogan) writes:
>Hello out there in the Financials Wilderness!! I am trying (vainly) to
>develop a migration plan from version 9.3 to version 10, but this is
>difficult since I have no clue what RDBMS and forms versions will be used
>in version 10. So far, I have heard the following stories:
>
>1. Version 6 and 2.3 forms
>
>2. Version 7 and 2.3 forms
>
>3. Version 7 and 4.0 forms
>
>I also have heard Dec 93 to Jun 94 for release dates. Any one else have
>a different spin???
>
>Thanx.....dagmar

We are currently running Oracle*Financial (AOL & GL) MPL 9.3, Oracle V6.0.36, SQL*Forms 2.3 on UTS (Amdahl's Unix) 2.1.5.

Our Oracle Sales rep has told us that we would need to follow the following Migration path:

  1. Upgrade Oracle*Financials to MPL 9.4 This version will support Oracle V6 and Oracle V7
  2. Upgrade Oracle RDBMS to V7
  3. Upgrade Oracle*Financials to MPL 10 MPL 10 will only be supported for Oracle V7.

I have also heard that Oracle*Financials MPL 10 applications will still use the  'hybrid' version of SQL*Forms 2.3 (aiap). The newer Oracle Applications (such as  Manufacturing) use pure SQL*Forms (V3+) from MPL 10.

Hope this helps

Kevin Received on Thu Jul 08 1993 - 21:44:56 CEST

Original text of this message