Question about ProC

From: Ana Dominguez <ana_at_cs.UAlberta.CA>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 19:15:10 GMT

I have a question about how to write a function in C that accesses tables of an Oracle database.

I figured out that it would be done in ProC. I have tried the examples that come with Oracle and the program I have written works.

The problem that I am having is that the program I have written is a complete program with a main function. I would like to modify it to just have a function that I can use somewhere else. I did that also, but when I tried to compile (or precompile) the function separately (in order to get pure C code), it did not work. I am not sure if the problem is the make file that I am using. I have used a make file that is a modified version of the samples.

When I compile, the error that I get is "main missing" or something similar.

I have not found anything in the manuals about the libraries that should be included. I wonder if that is the problem I am having.

Could anyone give me some guidelines on this? I would really appreciate your help.

Please, respond by email to: ana_at_cs.ualberta.ca Received on Wed Jul 07 1993 - 21:15:10 CEST

Original text of this message