Oracle forms question

From: brian macdonald <brian.macdonald_at_rose.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 05:18:31 GMT

I am posting this question for a coworker. Replies to macdonald_at_vnet.ibm.com please, or in this forum...thanks.

....Brian

I have just joined a project here in Toronto being developed using DOS Oracle V6. I have no previous Oracle experience so my question may seem elementary. I hope someone can provide me with some suggestions on how to accomplish the following.

I have a form which displays data from different blocks. Based on the users ID they will access either a training or production database. I'm told that this happens via public & private synonyms. I have defined a new field in one of my blocks called
:b_control.test_prod_ind. In my pre-form trigger I test the
:b_control.user_id and determine whether this will be using the
training or prod DB. I want to display this on my screen. In the pre-form trigger I set :b_control.test_prod_ind to 'TRAINING' or 'PRODUCTION' but the field does not display. What do I need to do to accomplish this?

Thanks for your comments....Claude Allard

---
   OLX 2.1 TD   I'm in shape ... round's a shape isn't it?
   RoseMail 2.10 : RoseNet<=>Usenet Gateway : Rose Media 416-733-2285